Since the majority of student/scholar & individual health programs do not contain coverage for preventative & routine vision care, having your own Individual Vision Program is clearly a good idea.
- One out of every four students has an undiagnosed vision problem that can interfere with learning.
- Vision health can impact your overall health. Eye exams can detect symptoms of diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, multiple sclerosis, brain tumors, osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Vision problems in adults cost an estimated $51.4 billion in the United States (including costs to the individuals, costs to their caregivers, and the impact on the U.S. economy).
- More than 75 percent of U.S. residents between the ages of 25 and 64 use some sort of vision correction.
Our individual vision plan though HumanaOne has very affordable monthly premiums, simple online enrollment and no-deductible coverage! Benefits include:
* Benefits shown are for the State of Florida.
** The HumanaOne vision plan provider network has thousands of vision care professionals. Members get added savings with in-network providers — but they have the option to go to any vision provider.
Prevent Blindness America
Vision Council of America
Thompson Media Inc